Copyright

Texas Sauce Art Life ... ramblings about art and life. Published since January 2005. Images and content © Vernita Bridges Hoyt. All Rights Reserved. If quoting parts of this blog, please provide a back link to http://txsauce.blogspot.com/

Friday, June 14, 2013

Sunflower Postcard Art

Sunflower Postcard Illustration painted from imagination last weekend. Original line and wash on 4x6 inch postcard paper. Suitable for framing. If you love this one, please leave a comment.


Summertime is here. Thursday we had 98F degrees in the shade as measured by the backyard thermometer. With high humidity levels, the heat index was well over 101 degrees, a perfect time for painting sunflowers (from a still life setup in the studio). I will be back to my oil paints this weekend. 

5 comments:

  1. Nita they are beautiful. Every year I tell myself I should use the land to plant sunflowers but never do. It's beautiful.

    Our weather is still so cold around Quebec which is abnormal. Normally this time a year it's summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... and THANK YOU for the compliment.

      Delete
  2. Christiane, you could sell sunflower seeds as well as sunflower bouquets! I keep telling myself to plant a few sunflowers in the sunny corner of the back yard, but I haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vernita. Your paintings are great! I love your Boxer portraits. Oh, an by the way. I too was reprimanded all throughout my school days for daydreaming and staring out the window. Now it's okay. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome! Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...