Monday, September 23, 2013

The Purple Cow "Away in a Manger" Unique Art

Purple Cow
Original Painting Sold
copyright Vernita Bridges Hoyt 


The Purple Cow
This original oil painting is in a private collection near Austin, Texas. Painted from a photo I took at Dad's barn, I used a bit of artistic license and painted one of the calves purple. The image was used on my 2005 Christmas cards with a verse of "Away in a Manger." Not the traditional red and green, these are unique. The Christmas cards are available directly from me. Send a unique Purple Cow greeting this year. Inquire here.  Inquire early! 


Holiday cards available:

  1. Jack Russell Terrier "Happy Holidays!"
  2. The Purple Cow "Away in a Manger" (this page)




Use wisely what you have been given and you will be given more.  MATTHEW 25:29

As a child, I was reprimanded for daydreaming. Today my daydreams morph into paintings.
V. Bridges Hoyt — painting the sauce of Texas™.  View my Texas Impressionist Oil PaintingsSubscribe to my blog e-letter in the top sidebar at Texas Sauce Art Life, and you will be able to reply directly. I do not share your email address.