Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Red Cow Series, Cow and Calf #1: Follow Me

This morning I picked up the abandoned painting of the mama cow and calf and decided to wing it for a quick finish. The painting didn't need much, mostly just a decision on color and a few shadows and highlights. My mind settled on a new series—my Red Cow Series. I need bright colors in winter months. I always have loved painting with a limited palette, and this palette is limited to pure primary colors. This first piece titled "Follow Me" is painted with Cad Red Medium, Cad Yellow, Ultramarine Blue and a touch of Titanium White.

SOLD!
COW AND CALF #1: Follow Me
Red Cow Series
Oil on Canvas • 7x5 inches
copyright Vernita Bridges Hoyt 2014
This painting can be displayed without a frame since the sides of the gallery wrap canvas have been painted. Of course, you can frame the painting if you prefer. See the following photo for a detail shot of the 3/4 inch deep canvas wrap.


Detail of Canvas Side showing Painted Edge
Red Cow Series: Cow and Calf #1: Follow Me
copyright Vernita Bridges Hoyt 2014

Around noon I drove south to Webster to visit 85 year old Ms. Dot. We ate lunch at the Black Eyed Pea restaurant. Not that we are superstitious, tradition reminded us we wanted to eat black eyed peas and cabbage for good luck and prosperity throughout the new year. I think we accomplished our goal. We both ate enough for good measure and then some. Many people shared our idea of eating at the Black Eyed Pea for good luck and prosperity in the new year. While we were there, the line never stopped coming through the front door. The waiting line grew longer, not shorter. This first day of January was a good start to the new year for the restaurant. Also for us. 

I wish you happiness, good luck and prosperity in 2014!


Use wisely what you have been given and you will be given more.  MATTHEW 25:29


As a child, I was reprimanded for daydreaming. Today my daydreams morph into paintings. 
V. Bridges Hoyt — painting the sauce of Texas™. 

View my Texas Impressionist Oil Paintings
Subscribe to my blog letter in the top sidebar at Texas Sauce Art Life, or contact me here. I do not share your email address.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!