Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Dog Days of Summer. How to Improvise.

"Dog Days of Summer"
Lab in Kiddy Pool
watercolor 10x8 inches
Dogs know how to improvise, how to make the best out of what they have. When a Lab can't find a large body of water to jump into, he will improvise and climb into the kiddy pool. That is a lesson we, as people, need to remember. When one thing doesn't work out, we need to improvise.

Some of us find it easy to fall into a rut and follow the same routine day after day, but January is the perfect time to improvise. Think outside of the box. Stir the pot. Find a different way to go about the day. Add a little spice to life. Pick up a new attitude. Smile. Laugh. Follow a different route. Shuffle your typical schedule. Take an artist's date. Look at the sky. Look at the ground. Listen to birds. Notice the moon. Enjoy the good in this day.

This painting, which I have titled Dog Days of Summer, was a commission painted before Christmas for a client who gave it as a gift to her daughter.

__________
As a child, I was reprimanded for daydreaming. Today my daydreams morph into paintings. 
V. Bridges Hoyt — painting the sauce of Texas™. 

View my Texas Impressionist Oil Paintings
Subscribe to my blog letter in the top sidebar at Texas Sauce Art Life, or contact me here. I do not share your email address.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!