Friday, February 6, 2015

Sunflower Garden Oil Painting





Sunflower Garden


Wanting to paint sunflowers to get me through the winter doldrums, I have been painting on this canvas in bits and pieces while taking care of other commitments. I called this one "Sunflower Garden" because I was inspired by the sunflowers that grew in my garden one summer not long ago.






SUNFLOWER GARDEN

oil painting on canvas wrapped panel 8x10 inches

copyright Vernita Bridges Hoyt 2015

Our weather here in southeast Texas is semi-tropical. The weather is mostly warm and humid, but winter brings weather where one day is warm and the next is freezing. Temperatures are up and down, changing almost daily. Painting sunflowers in February reminds me of summertime.



Claim this sunflower painting as yours! The painting is available for purchase at http://vbhoyt.com where I show oil paintings.






As a child, I was reprimanded for daydreaming. Today my daydreams morph into paintings. 

V. Bridges Hoyt — painting the sauce of Texas™. 




View my Texas Impressionist Oil Paintings

Subscribe to my blog letter in the top sidebar at Texas Sauce Art Life, or contact me here. I do not share your email address.






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting, Vernita. Love the colors - they cheer me up. A great reminder that spring will come, eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU, Della! I always love to hear from you. We have cooler weather today which is supposed to be even cooler tomorrow. Then, I think Spring will be on the way.

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you!