Wednesday, April 22, 2015

After the Storm, a Palette Knife Landscape Oil Painting 8 x 8 inches by Texas artist Vernita Bridges Hoyt.

As much as I fear violent weather, the storms energize me to paint. Painted with a palette knife late last night, this painting is oil on a cradled wood panel 8 x 8 inches. The thick paint will take about 10 days to dry thoroughly. 


AFTER THE STORM
palette knife oil painting on cradled wood panel 8x8 inches
copyright Vernita Bridges Hoyt 2015


250 USD, "After the Storm" is available for purchase at TXsauceStudio.etsy.com.
Or contact me directly to ask about terms.
__________

This day has been strange. 

A wrong number caller continued to call even after I tried to help him find the right number (unsuccessfully) and suggested he call Information. Then he called my number again, always looking for someone else with the last name of Hoyt. And again.

Recent storms seem to have thrown everything off kilter. 

A fax came in and was refaxed five or six times without completion. I finally had to turn off the fax machine and reboot it, but by then the sender had emailed the information. I don't know yet if the reboot fixed the fax.

I went to three different stores looking for a Clorox Bleach Gel Pen: Kroger, Target, and Walmart. Kroger had a Tide substitute that had no bleach in it. Target had one that I found online but when I got to the store they had none. Walmart had only five. I bought three. Why a bleach pen? It's for an art project secret until I know if the pen will do what I expect.
__________


'I am seeking, I am striving, I am in it with all my heart.'
–Vincent van Gogh


As a child, I was reprimanded for daydreaming. Today my daydreams morph into paintings. 
V. Bridges Hoyt — painting the sauce of Texas™. 

View my Texas Impressionist Oil Paintings
Subscribe to my blog letter in the top sidebar at Texas Sauce Art Life, or contact me here. I do not share your email address.


Texas Sauce Art Life … blog about art and life. Published since January 2005. Images and content © Vernita Bridges Hoyt. All Rights Reserved. If quoting parts of this blog, please provide a back link to http://txsauce.blogspot.com/