Friday, December 14, 2012

Five Golden Rings, 12 Days of Christmas, illustration


December 30

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me—


Five Golden Rings 

In the painting: my grandmother's wedding ring, my mother's wedding ring, my engagement ring, my wedding ring, 
and my husband's wedding ring



According to tradition, the five golden rings represent the first Five Books of the Old Testament, known as the Torah or the Pentateuch:  1) Genesis, 2) Exodus, 3) Leviticus, 4) Numbers, and 5) Deuteronomy...


Note:  I began painting this series a couple of years ago. Then life got in the way and postponed the series. I finally got back to the Five Golden Rings painting. The 5th Day of Christmas is actually December 30, but I am posting now.  I will keep all the original pieces of this series in my art archives until the series is complete. 

2 comments:

  1. I love this painting. The ring holder is so novel too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a million, Pat. I can't get very far away from my animals.

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you!