Tuesday, April 28, 2015

First Light in Landscape Art. Blogs vs Social Media.

First Light in the Landscape

Weather, weather, and more weather. That's Texas for you. We are coming out of several years of drought and have forgotten what a typical Texas springtime is about. I do believe our prayers for an end to the drought have been answered. God is good.


FIRST LIGHT • Oil on Cradled Wood Panel 8x8 inches
copyright Vernita Bridges Hoyt 2015
250. USD available at TXsauceStudio.etsy.com



Thoughts of Blogs and Social Media

There are times when I wish Facebook had not overtaken blogs. Blogs are more like writing a letter; however, with either format the world gets to read over my shoulder. Technology lures us into social media. Facebook can capture my attention for hours if I'm not careful to watch the time. I am at the stage of life now that I don't want to constantly watch the clock, but no matter how I try to live in my own time, there is always a schedule that lures me back to clock watching. My clock is now on the little bar at the top of my iPhone screen. Technology. I have only one clock hanging on the wall. That is in my art studio, and I find the ticking of a wall clock transports me into another era when time moved slower. As children we seemingly had all the time in the world, but as adults we create schedules for ourselves and want to move faster and finish more deadlines. Maybe the battery will run down, or maybe it's just that my battery is running down. 


V. Bridges Hoyt — painting the sauce of Texas™. 
As a child, I was reprimanded for daydreaming. Today my daydreams morph into paintings.

View my Texas Impressionist Oil PaintingsSubscribe to my blog letter in the top sidebar at Texas Sauce Art Life, and you will be able to contact me directly. I do not share your email address.